Friday, April 22, 2011

My Condolences.


I know from experience how difficult dealing with loss can be, but I also know how empowering and special it feels to receive the perfect support from people in our lives. Words not only hug your heart in a time of loss, they are also powerful and healing.

I never got to meet your mum but I heard of the good things she had to give up so that people like me can be somewhere once upon a lifetime.

My commitment to you and to my mom is to share ways to put a smile on a person's face and touch their soul during a very painful time of illness and loss. I have been there, done this.  My mother was also my best friend. She was there for me in every aspect of the world. She was loving, sarcastic, a beautiful woman and loved to clean and cook. I miss her daily and am learning how to deal in this world without her. But I am also grateful that I had her in my life for so long and am doing my best to live by her motto. "Learn something new every day, learn forgiveness, and be kind" It's a lot easier when you lean into the pain of loss and lean into all the love that surrounds you.

 Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment